Monday, January 12, 2009

THE WASTE

When I think back to the waste there's been, I think of the plans never discussed. I think of the growth that never took place. I think of the hurt and poison that ran out and into all life. I think of lost opportunities to use man's highest faculties for the good.

I think that I am lucky to still be able to think. When I look back and see the waste there's been; I see years of growing older with no growth. I see people turning away from being hurt, poisoned by an unnatural presence. I see places where I was, and never know only heard about much later.

I see crying and pleading hearts with little tears left. I see police ready to do "justice" I see clergy powerless to stop the waste. When I try to look forward, I look, I think, I see back; I hope that there's less waste... FROM NOW ON!

Submitted by an anonymous alcoholic.

Don says: This is a very deep and moving tale from an alcoholic who can look back and relate to the things in their life that poisoned those around them, the regrets, the lost chances to love. When one is in the fog of alcoholism, he or she cannot feel: there is only existance, and the lust for the next drink. Lust is the best word to explain alcoholism, because when one is embroiled in the daily fight for another drink, alcohol is the mistress, the mother, the motive for life. All good things in life are thrown aside. In the bubble of alcoholism, one only sees a distorted glimpse of life "out there". Any feelings of guilt or feelings of remorse can be severed from the mind with a "few more belts of the good stuff"! I am sure that when the practicing alcoholic reads this they will recognize everything I say. Be honest to yourself, if not to others. YOU ARE HOOKED, AND YOU MUST GET OUT!

No comments: