Monday, January 12, 2009

HOW TO BE HAPPY

Utter confusion, misery and pain, Humiliation, remorse, shame. Dreading to face the light of each day, Not wanting to hear what people would say. Like, "Where is your will power? Where is your pride?" They don't understand that deep down inside I wished I knew the answers to give, Or how to find the courage to live. I had taken to pills they told me I should. I tried some of the cures, but they did me no good. I made many promises and meant them too. But the compulsion to drink was stronger than me. One day a friend happened to say; "I know the answer, I can show you a way. All it takes is an open mind Believe what you hear from your own kind." I went to a A.A. meeting, they read Chapter Five. The steps made some sense and hope was revived. I saw living proof of what faith can do. It worked for them, then why not for me? One day at a time they told me to live. They said "easy does it," and "learn to forgive." Be humble, be honest and help when you can. Pass on what you learn to a new man. I heard them repeat the Serenity Prayer. And soon realized all my answers where there. Now, when some asks, "Can miracles be?" May I always reply, "Take a look at me." THELMA G., SAN JOSE A.A. Don says: If you are unaware of what A.A. can do for you, I strongly suggest you look in the phone book under Alcoholics Anonymous, find the closest location for a meeting and go there. You will find many other men and women that have had trouble with alcohol. You will hear the Serenity prayer. Listen to it, it will greatly help in your growing peace of mind. Don't give up, go again and again, if one location is not what you are looking for, find another and another. YOU WILL EVENTUALLY FIND PEACE AND SOBRIETY.

No comments: