Monday, January 12, 2009

A DREAM

I dreamed last night I passed away and left this world behind;

I started down that lonely trail, some of my friends to find. I came to a sign board on the trail, the directions it did tell, Keep right to Heaven Turn left to Hell.

I hadn't been too good on earth, just a hopeless boozing rake, I knew there at the crossroads, the path I'd have to take. So I started down the rocky path that leads to Satan's place And shook within, not knowing just what I'd have to face. Old Satan met me at the gate - "What is your name my friend"? I said my name is John and I've come to my sad end.

He glanced through some yellow files; You have made a mistake I fear, You have paid youR penance Now we don't want you here. I said I'm looking for my friends and a frown stole o'er his face All your dried up alcoholic friends are in the other place.

So I went back the way I came, til the crossroad I did see, Then turned right, And went to Heaven, as happy as can be. Saint Peter met me at the gate, come in he says - for you I have a berth. Because you're an alcoholic John

You've been through Hell on Earth. I saw ole Bill, George, May and many other friends. And brother was I tickled Because I thought they'd gone to Hell. So Brothers, Sisters, all take warning, learn something from my trip. You've got a place in Heaven if you try hard not to slip. If someone tempts you with a drink when you're not feeling well, Tell him you're going to Heaven, and he can go to Hell.

Anonymous

No comments: