Monday, January 12, 2009

THE ENEMY

I am more powerful than the combined armies of the world.
I have destroyed more men than all the wars of nations.
I have caused millions of accidents And wrecked more homes than all the floods, tornadoes and hurricanes put together.
I am the world's slickest thief.
I steal billions of dollars each year.
I find my victims among the rich and poor alike, the young and the old the strong and the weak.
I loom up to such proportions that I cast a shadow over every field of labor.
I am relentless, insidious unpredictable.
I am everywhere - in your home, on the street, in the factory, in the office on the sea and in the air.
I bring sickness, poverty and death.
I give nothing and take all.
I am your worst enemy.
I AM ALCOHOL.

DON says: This is absolutely true! I fear alcohol more than I have feared anything in my lifetime. Without alcohol I am stable, happy and can cope with life. With alcohol I become fearful, uncertain and erratic. I don't want it, or need it.

No comments: