Wednesday, July 9, 2008

TEMPER CONTROL

When I have lost my temper, I have lost my reason too.
I am never proud of anything angrily I do
.
When I have talked in anger and my cheeks are flaming red,
I have always uttered something which I wish I hadn't said.

In anger I have never done a kindly deed or wise;
But many things for which I felt I should apologize.

In looking back across my life, and all I've lost or made,
I can't recall a single time when fury ever paid.

So I struggle to be patient, for I've reached a wiser age;
I do not want to do a thing or speak a word, in rage.

I have learned by sad experience that when my temper flies,
I never do a worthy thing, a decent deed, or wise.

Author unknown.

Don says: Have you ever had a time when you lost control, shouted and flailed your arms around? Of course you have, we all have! The papers are full of road rage stories, where normally placid persons lose their cool and do something foolish, something as small as showing the finger, to something dangerous as racing. After a tirade thrown at your wife, or your employee, or the girl in the grocery store, because of some small thing that has ticked you off, how do you feel? Better, relieved, or sorry?
Sometimes booze loosens you up and feeling brave, you take on a stranger that may be more dangerous than you realize. The outcome of one of these events could be shattering, and possibly fatal. If you are having trouble with your temper, an anger management course would certainly help. Keep cool!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Education is the ability to listen to almost anything without losing your temper or your self-confidence. See the link below for more info.


#temper
www.ufgop.org