Wednesday, July 9, 2008

GOD GRANT ME

GOD GRANT ME the serenity to accept the things I cannot change

To be aware that the irrations and disappointments of each day are not a perverse plot aimed at me by the world.
To understand that this world is not operated for my benefit: that my importance and its debt to me exist in direct ratio to my contributions and my adjustment to it.

GOD GRANT ME the courage to change the things I can...To eliminate from my environment and its associations things I know to be harmful, attitudes I know to be insupportable and no matter how well I thought I argued them, reasons which had no logic.

And GOD GRANT ME the wisdom to know the difference ......To understand with neither prejudice, self-justification, nor pity, why changes are necessary - and which changes will give my life meaning - without alcohol. A.A.

No comments: